- Registration fees and tuition payments are non-refundable and non transferrable.
- There will be no prorating or refunds given due to missed classes.
- Each student is encouraged to make up missed classes in another appropriate leveled class. And within their current season.
- Withdrawing Policy
You must complete a drop form two weeks prior to your upcoming tuition payment. You will be responsible for the next payment if you do not submit this two week written notice. Please be aware that no prorating or refunds will be issued due to withdrawing from classes.
- Parent Portal
Please make sure that all of your information is accurate such as phone, address email etc… We do send out text messages if we need to cancel classes for any reason.
- Inclement Weather
KP Dance Center will cancel classes when KPDC chooses to close due to inclement weather. We will post on Facebook as well as send out a text message if classes are cancelled. Please make sure your cell phone number is accurate.
- I understand that KP Dance Center is not responsible for lost or stolen valuables. If your item has been misplaced, please check our Lost + Found. Items must be claimed in person. Every 30-days, unclaimed items are given to a local charity.
- I understand that KP Dance Center is not responsible for any injuries, sickness or accidents occurring in our studios or either of our parking lots. It is my responsibility to be careful pulling into and backing out of the lot, as well as exercising caution, as children are always walking to-and-from class.
- Safety for your child is of our utmost concern.
- All young dancers must be escorted to and from the building.
- If a health condition exists which will prevent full participation, please notify KP Dance Center in writing as soon as possible.
- No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless written permission is given by the parent.
- We encourage parents to watch the children on the viewing TV’s located in the lobby, as to not disturb the dancers in progress.
REGISTRATION & TUITION POLICIES
- Registration is accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
- An annual registration fee will be collected at time of enrollment.
- Initial payment will be collected at time of registration.
- We invite you to try a class on us, for NEW students.
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
A non-refundable fee of $30 per family is required yearly at the time of registration. We do offer a Pre-Registration promotion for all current students which waives the $30 registration fee for the upcoming fall season. This promotion comes out for a limited time around April and gives you many benefits such as 1st choice of classes and early recital ticket option.
Is to be paid the 1st of each month. May and June tuition is paid together to finish of the season. If you are enrolled in “Auto Pay” and would like to pay a different way such as, cash or check, then tuition needs to be paid at the end of each month. Otherwise the credit card on file will be automatically run on the 1st. Tuition is divided into 10 equal installments. You must pay the first month’s tuition plus the registration fee on the day of registration. Tuition will be considered late after the 7th and a $10.00 late fee will be automatically applied. If tuition is not paid before the 1st of the next month, your child will be refused admission to class. As each month allows for 3, 4, or 5 lessons, tuition will remain the same each month. We operate on a 10-month season, September thru June. May and June tuition is due together on May 1st. If a family chooses not to pay May and June together they will not be able to participate in our annual recital. Make up classes are available to any child that has an absence. Tuition is non transferrable. Costume fees, competition fees, recital tickets, and all fees associated with dance are non-refundable.
Everyone must have a current credit card on file. KP Dance Center accepts payments by check, cash and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Full Yearly Payment
There will be a 5% discount given to any account paid in full for September- June.
- Automatic Debit
We offer an automatic debit payment plan. If it is difficult for you to physically come in to pay your tuition, this might be your best option. No hassles, no worries.
You must contact the studio in writing 2 weeks prior to your upcoming tuition payment.
You will be responsible for the next payment if you do not give the proper written notice.
NO REFUNDS will be issued due to withdrawing from classes. There will be no prorating or refunds given due to missed classes.
NO REFUNDS for registration fees, tuition, recital fees or costumes, etc. You may use the credit towards any other KP Dance Center services.
- Cancelled Classes
Classes with less than five students may be cancelled, combined, or rescheduled at KP Dance Centers discretion.
- Schedule Changes
Changes to your child’s schedule can be made up until November 1st; Costumes are being ordered in November.
- Business Matters
Must be directed to our office. To voice any concerns or questions with Director, you must make an appointment for a scheduled meeting. No Instructor or Director is to be stopped before, after or during a dance class with questions. This takes away from the scheduled classes. Under no circumstance should a parent walk into a dance class room before, during or after a dance class.
- Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Classes
If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, pandemics or other situations, the students are encouraged to do make up classes (any style is ok) of the same age. No refunds for lessons missed due to these reasons will be given.
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute, students can do a make-up class of their choice.
- Make Up Classes
All make up classes need to be done by the end of each season. Fall or Summer seasons. Eligible classes for makeups are any class that your child is absent from due to a sickness, etc. or if KP Dance Center has to close due to the weather. You must be an active member of KP Dance Center for your make-ups to be valid. If you drop from KP Dance Center you forfeit your make-ups.
- Days that KPDC is closed and listed on our yearly welcome letter are not eligible classes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the studio.
We start handing out costume order forms mid to end of October. The due date is typically in November in the form of cash or check. It is the responsibility of the parents to give us the correct size for your child. Please factor in growth because the recital is in June. We can assist you but the size that you sign off on is the size you will get. There are no exchanges or refunds on the costumes.
- Recreational classes
The children can wear comfortable clothing as long as it’s not too baggy and the proper shoes for the class.
- Combo Classes
Twinkle Baby / Twinkle Star Classes” Pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers and tan tap shoes.
- Hip Hop
Tan Slip on jazz boot
- Musical Theatre
- Competition Classes
Each year is different so you need to speak to the directors.
We offer a wonderful opportunity for all dancers to experience the stage and lights by performing in our annual recital. This is optional however, most do participate. Families with multiple dancers and/or multiple dances, we, unfortunately, can not guarantee that they will be in the same show. As there are multiple factors that are taken into account.
PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF DATES AND EVENTS
It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as Bring a Friend week, Recitals, Kings Park Day, Parents Night Out, Halloween Dress Up Week, Studio Spirit Week, Pajama Week, In House Summer Registration, In House Pre Registration week, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on Facebook as well as sending emails. The monthly newsletter will also be available in the studio parent portal. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check for this information to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the school of any address, cell phone, or email address change.
Upon registering with KP Dance Center and after signing the waiver in the parent portal, or any other media you grant permission for KPDC to take photographs and or video of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials. KP Dance Center will not use any of the student’s personal information (names etc..) without the parent’s consent.
DANCE STUDIO RULES
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building to or from the dance studio.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the dance studio.
- Please do not leave any children unattended on studio premises. Keep an eye on them please.
- No horseplay will be permitted in the lobby or studio.
- Dancers should arrive five minutes before scheduled class time and be picked up promptly after class.
- Please notify the studio if you will be late picking up your dancer.
- If you must pick your dancer up early from class, please send a written notice to the instructor and the instructor will dismiss the dancer from class. No parents allowed to disrupt the class.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts.
- A parent/teacher conference must take place before a “dismissed student” may return to class.
- No smoking on premises.
- We ask that parents and visitors clean up after themselves and children.
- There is NO STANDING / CLIMBING ON CHAIRS.
- Children / Parents are not allowed in dance rooms without any instructors / directors.
- KP Dance Center expects all dancers and observers to conduct themselves in a manner respectful to others and to themselves at all times.
- No rough-housing or loud voices are tolerated.
- Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
- Please respect the classes in progress by keeping the lobby as quiet and clean as possible.
- Please do not interrupt the teacher while a class is in session. The Front Desk receptionist is always available to assist you or make arrangements for you to speak with an instructor.
- Running, tumbling and tapping are not allowed in the studio lobby.
- Please supervise siblings at all times, teaching them the dance studio lobby etiquette. All observers, regardless of age, are expected to meet these expectations or will be asked to leave, in the interest and respect of the dancers in class.
- A dancer’s focus should be on the instructor and their class. Parents who cannot refrain from communicating with or correcting their child through the observation windows will be asked to leave.
- We are not responsible for unsupervised children!!!!!
DANCE ROOM RULES
- SMILE & HAVE FUN!
- All students should arrive to class on time.
- If a student arrives late, please enter the dance room quietly and try not to disrupt the ongoing class.
- Students should come into class fully prepared with hair properly secured and dance shoes on.
- All students must follow the KPDC dress code policy.
- No jewelry may be worn to class other than small earrings.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the studio. Only water bottles will be permitted in the room.
- Student must keep talking to a minimum.
- Any student who repeatedly disrupts the class will be dismissed from class.
- NO STREET SHOES are allowed onto the Marley dance floors. Dance shoes should NEVER be worn outside where dirt and rocks would be brought onto the Marley. Dance shoes are to be worn inside only!
- Please allow your dancer to enter the studio unaccompanied, sending the clear message that they are to follow the direction of their instructor during their class time. Thank you for understanding the subtle yet important message this sends your dancer.
- NO CELL PHONES allowed in the dance rooms.
- All studio policies are subject to change at the discretion of the studio directors.